Goa is a smallest state of India located in western part near Maharashtra. There are two districts, North and South Goa. Panaji is the capital of Goa and is located in North Goa. Pubs, Discos, Casinos, Cruise are the main attraction of North Goa therefore it is also known for the happening life style, whereas South Goa has historic churches , temple and primitive building therefore it is also called as old Goa. There are many places to visit in Goa. Goa is known for the wonderful beaches both in north and south Goa, huge numbers of international tourist visit Goa in the month of December – January and enjoy the sunbath on these beaches. The best part of Goa is that, one can easily get any kind of vehicle on rent, and keep it for days one want to spend in Goa. The roads are good and traffic congestion is less comparatively.
Best time to visit
Best time to visit Goa is November December January as the climate is favorable and lots of international tourist visit this time. There are beach festivals and carnival taking place during winters.
How to reach Goa
Nearest Railway station: Madgaon and Vasco da gama
Nearest Airport: Dabolim , airport is about 35 km from Panji.
Significance of Goa
- Beautiful beaches
- Water sports and Carnivals at beaches
- Shopping at Flea market
- Goa Culture and Pubs and Discotheque
Must see at Goa
North Goa Beaches
Candolim, Baga/Calangute, Anjuna, Arambol, Aswin beaches. Candolim/Baga/Calangute beaches are commercialized and more crowded with Indian Tourist.It is famous for water sports like Parasailing, Boat ride, Speed Boat ride, Banana Boat ride etc.Anjuna,Arambol, Aswin beaches are more crowded with International tourist and are quite.
Fort Aguada is a favorite destination for photography lovers as this place gives spectacular views of Mandovi River from the pathway of fort boundaries. An old historic lighthouse gives an edge to photographers. Many Bollywood movies e.g Rang de basanti, Style etc are shot here.
South Goa Beaches
Though there are many beaches in South Goa but Palolem is considered the most beautiful beaches among all in whole Goa. It is beautiful due to its shallowness and arch type shape.It is 70 km away from the Panji therefore many Indian touristsare not visiting.Wetourindia recommend to visit this beaches.
Basilica of Bom Jesus/ Se Cathedral
Basilica of Bom Jesus and Se Cathedral are situated side by side in South Goa. Basilica of Bom Jesus is 16th Century monument, it contain the relics of St. Francis Xavier in Mausoleum. The relics are visible from the Mausoleum and many visitors came to see the more than 400 years old body. The Basilica is considered the best example of baroque architecture in India.
is one of the largest Churches in India. The Churches’ Building Portuguese –Gothic style with marvel interior and exterior.
Shri Mangeshi Temple
It is a famous temple of Goa which depicts the culture and tradition of old Goa. It is situated in the serene location surrounded by greenery.
Flea Market of Anjuna
A temporary market is organized every Wednesday on the bank of Anjuna Beach. Products from all parts of India and some parts of world are sold here. The huge variety of items and the involvement of foreigners from various countries of world in selling of international items are the main attraction of this market.
Boat Cruise in Panji
The boat cruise with live dance performance on the Mandovi river in Panaji adds some spice to exciting mood in Goa.
Useful Tips for Goa:
- Carry extra Id Proofs apart from driving license as it will be helpful in getting vehicle on rent.
- Carry Swim suit or better to purchase in Goa itself. Keep plastic bag for camera to prevent from water.
- Prepaid taxi is available at Goa airport.
- Carry cash money instead of credit/debit cards as you won’t find ATMs near beaches and shops do not accept cards.
- Bike/Car parking is available in every beach and market, the roads are better and traffic in Goa is less for hassle free driving. The roads of Goa are not much confusing tourist in every street will guide you but a GPS in mobile will be quite helpful.
- All kinds of vehicle are available for rent in Goa, however Scooty and bikes are prevalent everywhere. Many tourists are not using helmet during driving but I have seen many people caught by the traffic police for not using helmet.